Mary Finsterer is the Chamber Music Australia Chair of Composition at the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music, Monash University. Recognised as one of Australia’s most innovative orchestral composers, Mary received the APRA AMCOS Art Music Award in 2014 for her large-scale piece AEREA while other works including her latest symphonic work Lake Ice | Missed Tales No.1 and her large-scale work for two pianos, Falling, have been finalists. Her percussion concerto, Silva, was the featured work in the Ensemble Offspring programme at the Sydney Opera House in 2013 and toured nationally in 2015.
- Aerea large ensemble
- Afmaeli orchestra
- Biographica opera (amplified)
- Circadian Tale 7.1 mixed ensemble
- Falling two pianos
- In Praise of Darkness orchestra
- Ionia saxophone quartet & percussion
- Lake Ice | Missed Tales No. 1 solo double bass and orchestra
- Orbis I mixed ensemble
- ps. string quartet
- Red Green Blue chamber orchestra
- Silva solo percussion and mixed ensembl
- 2010 South Solitary - Macgowan Films | Icon Distribution
- 2006-7 Die Hard 4 - Composer / Orchestrator Fox Studios | USA
- Matchbox - Composer AFTRS
- 1985-88 Tatlin - Composer Short Animation by David Cox
- Fish Kiss - Composer Short Animation by Andrew Corby
All images may be used freely in the promotion of Mary Finsterer's work. Please ensure the appropriate credit is given to photographers.
Support Mary Finsterer
You can make a tax-deductible donation to our Artists or Projects through the Australian Cultural Fund. Simply fill out the below form to allocate your donation to an artist and then continue to make your donation online through one of our partners.
For more information on our support partners, see our support page.