Jessica is a composer, orchestrator, business-owner and mum from Sydney. Since obtaining a Master of Music in Composition from the Sydney Conservatorium and a Master of Arts in Screen Composition from AFTRS, her career has blossomed as a composer, orchestrator, and arranger for concerts, films, theatre, and album recordings.
Jigsaw Music is a business she has built up over 12 years which provides music preparation services for clients all over the country and overseas. She has orchestrated over 50 films, including the recently succesful kid s movies “Paper Planes”, “Blinky Bill” and “Oddball”.
She wrote the theme music for ABC TV’s “Q&A” program – which makes her kids think she’s famous.
- Ainulindale - Commissioned by the Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra
Wu Hsing – the 5 Chinese elements - Written for the TSO Composers School
The Eight Immortals - Performed by the Sydney Conservatorium Symphony
- The Naming - mezzo-soprano, bass-baritone, clarinet, cello, piano
- Wife - song cycle for baritone, oboe, trumpet, violin, cello, percussion, piano
- Bright Star - baritone or soprano and piano
- Rain Goddess - harp and marimba, commissioned by Wooden Strings, Netherlands
- Three Blind Moose - two marimbas, commissioned by KARAK Percussion
- Eel in Green - two marimbas
- Intimate Waves - piano, violin, cello and video projection
- Unrecyclable - drums, bass, guitar, keyboards and tape
- "B" - SATB, flute, horn, cello, harp and tape
Lucem Ferre - 12 cellos
Maelstrom - winds, brass, percussion
7 Pieces for Wind Quintet
- Muntu Walunga - solo harp, commissioned by Marshall McGuire
U.F.O. - solo euphonium
- Flamenco Dream - big band
- Latin in Manhattan - two tenor saxes, piano, bass, drums, percussion and string quartet
- Jess' Waltz - tenor sax, piano, bass, drums
All images may be used freely in the promotion of Jessica Wells's work. Please ensure the appropriate credit is given to photographers.
Support Jessica Wells
You can make a tax-deductible donation to our Artists or Projects through the Australian Cultural Fund. Simply fill out the below form to allocate your donation to an artist and then continue to make your donation online through one of our partners.
For more information on our support partners, see our support page.